College Heights United Methodist Church in Pittsburg, Kansas, is a community continuously called by God since 1880. Our first gatherings, in the old Stilwell and Schnackenburg schools, were initiated by the United Brethren in Christ. We were chartered as a non-profit organization by the state of Kansas on July 11, 1881. Our previous church building at 405 S. Locust was built soon after the turn of the 20th century. As a connectional body, we participated in church mergers to form the Evangelical United Brethren Church in 1946 and the United Methodist Church in 1968. We have occupied our present home at the intersection of East Ford and Taylor streets since 1967.